Editing your Specialties, Brands, Products or Services Keywords is easy. Once you have Signed into Centerpointe you will need to navigate to the ‘edit’ button of your Organization/Location Details.
The keyword section is located near the bottom of the Organization Location editing page. You should see a clear section titled “Specialties, Brands, Products and Services” and four white text boxes:
Adding and editing keywords is as simple as pointing, clicking and typing. However, there are a few things to consider for best results:
- Order of Importance – You want the most important keyword in each section first.
- Be Specific - Don’t mix up your keyword in the wrong sections, ie. make sure that your services contain only the services you provide and no brands, products or specialties.
- Don’t Spam – Using the same keyword or phrase in exactly the same way twice will provide no benefit, so there is no need for duplication.
- Be Inclusive- Although there is some truth to the thought “the more keywords you add, the less specific and targeted you are”, it is important that all of the important keywords are included. You must make sure that every search term that is important for your business to be found, is included in your list of keywords.
Remember, keywords and phrases need to be separated by commas and are not case sensitive!
After you have entered all of the keywords you want to be found for, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on the “Preview Edits” button. This will take you to a preview of how your content will display on the web.
Once you are satisfied with how the content appears, click on “Save and return to account overview.”
Don’t forget to revisit your keywords every now and then and make sure they are fresh, relevant and up to date.
If you sit down and think about it, Google is everywhere- smartphones, laptops, tablets, offices, cars and most importantly- in the hands of your consumers.
Keeping that in mind, and adding in the fact that one out of five searches on Google are related to location, Google Places is a great tool to have for your business.
Google Places helps your business get found by location. Since one out of five searches are related to location, it makes it important that Google knows where your business is!
Why should I get Google Places?
97% of customers search for local businesses online
Show them exactly where you are with a Google Places Page
Google Places provides very useful information about who is visiting the Place page and where they are searching from
Knowing this information can help you decide on marketing strategies, and learn more about the people who are looking for you.
It gives the searcher a quick snapshot of a business including the address, reviews, products and services, hours of operation, photos and other things that someone might want to know about a business
Making it easy for your customers to find the information they want will make them like you more. In turn increasing the possibility they will come to your store, or call you for more information.
Google Places is a great way to build an online presence, even if your company hasn’t got a website!
Improve your web content in just a few simple steps!
Think about what you want to say then follow these 7 steps to help you say it right.
1. Focused message / top per page: For each page determine the most important messages you want to communicate to your target market.
2. Brainstorm search words: Put yourself in the position of a potential client of yours. Determine the keywords and key-phrases they will use while searching for what you offer.
3. Prioritize: In order of priority, craft a “top 10″ list of keywords and key-phrases out of what you have outlined in the first two steps.
4. Sign in: Login to your Business Membership.
Click here to access the Business Member Login Page.
5. Navigate to edit the page you are working on (Start, Profile, Specialties, Brands, Products, Services, etc.)
6. Using your “top 10″ list focus each content grouping on one keyword or key-phrase from the list; the first content grouping should be for your most important keyword and descend in order from there. Start by placing the keyword in the SEO assistant and then write a heading, subheading and paragraph focused on that keyword or key-phrase.
7. While writing the content, tie the keyword or key-phrase that is the focus of the grouping to your market area. For instance, if the keyword is “bikes” and your market area is “Barrie, ON”, then write content that links the “what” and the “where” as much as possible.
NOTE: Successful search engine optimization (S.E.O.) takes experimentation. Update and improve your content often and track what works.