You now have people coming to your page. They are reading your information, are interested in what you are offering…
…But they are not being prompted to take action.
A strong call to action is important to give customers that little push to take the next step.
Editing the call to action on your Start Page in Centrepointe is easy to do with these few steps:
1. Log into your account from the Business Member log-in page:
2. From the Account Overview page scroll down to the “Start Page” section and select the option to Edit/Remove
3. From this page scroll down to the Call to Action. This is where you will be able to make edits to the content that is displayed on your page.
Remember: the heading has a limit of 125 characters and the subheading has a limit of 140 characters (both including spaces).
4. Once you have made the changes to your Call to Action, don’t forget to save! Scroll to the bottom of the page, preview your changes and then Save!
This page is still going to showcase the organizations that have been recently customized.
However… now, the order in which the organizations appear on the page has been changed.
We have set it up so that instead of the most recently customized pages being listed vertically like this with the most recent update at the top:
They are now being ordered horizontally with two names per row (one being the most recently customized page):
This new way the recently customized pages are ordered, keeps the most recently updated business names at the top of the page.
Customizing your page not only looks great and helps you stand out, but it can also get you at the top of this page!
Changing your Listing Subcategory
You have a listing in the “Plumbers” subcategory but feel like your Listing should really be in the “Plumbing Contractors” subcategory.
Follow these simple steps to change which subcategory you are listed in.
(You can also add up to 5 new subcategory Listings, without changing an existing one.)
Once you have signed into Centrepointe you should be looking at your Account Overview, unless you have signed in using pencils that link you directly to a specific section in Centrepointe.
From the Account Overview:
- Select the “view/edit/remove” link for your Enhanced or Basic Listing, depending on which one you want to change.
- Select the “view/edit/remove” link for the particular listing that you would like to change.
(remember not to select the ‘Director Location’ as that will just bring you to that Subcategory page)
- This will take you to the preview of the Listing that you are about to edit. You will need to select the ‘edit/remove’ link one more time.
Signing in directly using Pencils:
- Once you have selected the ‘edit/remove’ link or have signed into this location by using pencils, you can select both your Section, and based on that Section, what Subcategory your Listing will appear in.
- Don’t forget to include a headline for all basic listings, and a headline and summary for Enhanced Listings.
- Make sure your Listing appear as you would like it to, and then click ‘Save.’
You’re all done!
Our House in Barrie, Ontario – a seller of unique gifts, jewellery, and home accessories – is doing a fantastic job with their website provided by www.BarrieDirect.info.
The following highlights some of the many things they have done well and the online success these efforts are achieving:
- Enhanced Pages: Our House opted to Enhance their Start Page Package (with Map and Contact pages). They also Enhanced their Profile, Brands, and Social Pages. By doing so, they have unlocked the full power of each page offering.
- Graphic Design: Our House worked well with their CityDirect.info Marketing Specialist to communicate a look and feel to our in-house graphic designers. Our designers executed design that reinforced the brand image of Our House – upscale and sophisticated, focused on women who care about classic, long lasting style.
- Domain and Hosting: With the domain name OurHouseBarrie.com, and hosting provided through BarrieDirect.info, Our House is sure to benefit from superior reliability and the ease of dealing with one provider of online marketing solutions.
- Local Directory: Being part of Barrie, Ontario’s premier local business directory and CitySite, Our House benefits from having their virtual storefront (their website) and their listings within BarrieDirect.info’s local network – which significantly increases qualified visits and improves search engine optimization (SEO).
Directory Listing (Enhanced):
Google Search: “Our House Barrie, Ontario”
#1 result with each page individually itemized
Google Search: “Unique gift Barrie, Ontario”
#1 and #2 result from their Start Page and Profile Page respectively.
– Our House knows how important Google has become to local business. They also understand that such an important aspect of their marketing should be managed by experts if they are to remain competitive. Therefore, Our House uses the expert services of CityDirect.info to not only properly setup and optimize their local account but to keep them optimized as the rules of the game continue to change.
– Our House realizes that the Internet is a powerful tool to spread word of mouth. They know that social networks like Twitter and Facebook are now used as much as search engines. By harnessing a Social Page through BarrieDirect.info they not only are able to quickly and easily share information with their audience, but also save time and effort – because their Social Page allows them to place messages into Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn all at once.
– By working with their CityDirect.info Marketing Specialist and by making good use of www.BarrieDirect.info, Our House not only has built an impressive online presence, but has focused it directly at their target market.
* New *
This updated module has now been added to the Start, Specialties, Brands, Products, More Info, and Services Pages, Basic or Enhanced.
Here is an example of a Specialties Page before the sharing options were added:
Now, this is what the pages look like with the new module added in:
This new addition to your Pages makes it fast and easy for visitors to share your Pages and information. Easier to share, means more sharing and more sharing means more potential views!
* New *
Listings are divided and broken down into more than one page.
Before: all of the listings were on one page. Enhanced at the top, followed by Basic and Prospects listed in alphabetical order.
Now: the listings will be divided into the following four divisions:
The change: Depending on the number of listings, the Directory Subcategories will be broken down into more than one page.
If the Directory subcategory (per CitySite)…
1.Contains only Prospects
The pages will be divided into listings of 25 per page. Page one: 1 to 25, page two: 26-50 and so on.
2. Contains Basic Listings for Business Members and Prospects
All of the Business Member listings will be placed on page 1- no matter how many. Then the Prospect Listings will start on page 2 and follow the 25 listings per page format. In the case that the Basic Listings fall under 10 listings, fill the page with Prospect Listings and start page 2 at number 11.
3. Contains Enhanced Listings and Basic Listings for Prospects
All Enhanced and Basic Listings will be places on page 1, and page 2 will only hold Prospects. In the case that the Enhanced and Basic Listings fall under 10 listings, the page will be filled with Prospect Listings and start page 2 at number 11.
4. Contains both Enhanced and Basic Listings for both Business Members and for Prospects
All the Business Member’s Listings are placed on page 1. Prospects will be placed on the 2nd page, again following the 25 Listings per page division. In the case that the Enhanced and Basic Listings for Business Members fall under 10 listings, fill the page with Prospect Listings and start page 2 at number 11.
* New *
We have finally added access to Video, Social, Specialties, Brands, Products, and Services to the Listings on the Directory Pages for Business Members.
Enhanced Listings will have new icons, in an updated style. The Basic Listings for Business Members now have more links, and for the first time, icons as well!
- Example of Enhanced Listing:
- Enhanced Listings
Example of Basic Listing:
* New *
“Verified Listing Published by Owner” label placed on Listings managed by actual businesses or organizations.
New: Label- “Verified Listing Published by Owner”
By placing a “Verified Listing Published by Owner” label on your Listing, we are showing that you are involved. Visitors see that you support this Listing, and in turn, makes it a more trustworthy, reliable and credible source of information.
Verified Listing by Owner- Enhanced
Verified Listing by Owner- Basic